Help Us Secure a $12,000 Match on Match Day, May 5
Match Day on Tuesday, May 5, holds incredible opportunity for United Way of Reno County. On that day, Hutchinson Community Foundation will match donations made to our organization to sustain our immediate needs during this critical time while also strengthening our endowment fund—our long-term savings—and we could potentially receive a $12,000 match.
Giving is easy and can be done from the comfort—and social distance—of your own home through one of two methods:
- Visit ihearthutch.org anytime from midnight until 11:59 p.m. May 5 and make your donation with your credit card.
- Send a check made payable to Hutchinson Community Foundation between now and May 6. Please note on the check that the donation is for Match Day. Checks sent before Match Day will be held and deposited May 5. Giving form must be completed and turned in with check.
- The 2020 match pool is $60,000, and it will be divided among 33 participating organizations in proportion to the total amount raised. We can earn up to 20 percent of the pool ($12,000) if contributions to our organization that day equal 20 percent or more of the total amount raised.
- As extra incentive to give, organizations receiving donations before 7 p.m. May 5 will be entered in a drawing to receive one of 12 $100 prize grants. We can also earn prize grants if we raise the most money or have the most individual donors.
- Donations are tax deductible and can be divided among multiple organizations. One receipt will be issued to each individual making a donation.
Our monthly expenses will not stop after Match Day, so we still need your contribution to our annual campaign. Match Day is a unique opportunity to address immediate needs and grow our endowment exponentially so that we can enrich our people and programs for even greater impact, for years to come. Your gift is vital for helping us maximize the match.