United Way of Reno County is pleased to host the annual Community Work Day.
Each year United Way of Reno County receives applications from local non-profit organizations seeking assistance from volunteers to complete various projects. Projects vary from light-labor to moderately heavy labor, indoor and outdoor projects, projects for various volunteer group sizes and many projects are kid-friendly. Here are examples of projects that volunteers completed in previous years:
• Cleaned up the playground at Hadley Daycare Center
• Tore down walls to make way for TECH to create an art studio
• Painted Brush Up Hutch Homes
• Planted flowers and improved the playground at Lincoln School
• Cleaned up grounds and repaired buildings at the girl scout camp
• Painted the gym at the Boys & Girls Club
• Landscaped at Hutch High Daycare Center
• and many others….
The intent of Community Work Day is to provide free labor to local nonprofit organizations who might not have the resources to complete these projects on their own. The organizations will supply their own project materials so there will be no cost to volunteers and a project supervisor will be on hand to provide volunteers direction. All volunteers will be provided
• free breakfast
• free lunch
• free t-shirt
Want to Volunteer or would members in your Organization Want to Volunteer? Please pass the word through your organization and encourage people to get involved in United Way Community Work Day by forming a volunteer team.
Will you join us and make a difference here in Reno County? UNITED we truly can improve our community for the better. Click here for the most current work day information.